Before I forget I have a prediction. A prediction based on a commercial I saw earlier today, oddly enough. A Nutri-system commercial featuring a newly slimmed down Marie Osmond. I was staring at her thinking that she looked like someone else, I do this often. I also tend to associate people with animals, but I digress. Anyway, I was thinking to myself as I watched Marie sell the hell out of Nutri-system that a certain Miss Kat Von Dee would probably resemble Marie when she's her age. I mean, she would look similar if you could for the moment imagine Marie Osmond fully tattooed. Voila... and there it is, my prediction for the day. I'm smitten.
As for the meat and potatoes, I had the BEST day today. I haven't had a day this good in a really, really long time. I was starting to categorize good days in a weird way. I sorta considered them mystical and ever elusive like the unicorn or tooth fairy. But, to my surprise today was magically suspicious, and I can't really wrap my mind around "why" it was such a good day. I guess one reason would most definitely have to be because my Medical Terminology teacher is like my soul mate teacher. Does that make any sense? What I mean by that is that I couldn't have created a teacher more perfect. She's quirky and funny and really smart. I think one of the reasons I like her so much is she reminds me of who I used to be. Who I was before I decided to be all stressed out and disgruntled. She told the class that in addition to adhering to our classroom responsibilities we were to also incorporate additional guidelines in our everyday life. She explained that as future health care professionals we would need to develop these traits in order to better care for our patients. The first being to Be happy and enjoy our lives. Simple enough right? She also advised us to get outside of ourselves and to do a good deed everyday. To pick up three pieces of trash a day, and to take pride in our environments. That was it, simple, compassionate but moving... for me anyway. I'm excited to see what else I can pick up from her.
I also ran into a couple of people unexpectedly. A girl that I got to know well last semester in my Anatomy class happened to be in Medical Terminology today. What's funny is that I was in the middle of sitting down next to her when she kicked my chair, I hadn't even noticed her until that moment. Then after class I ran into a really nice girl I went to high school with, which was nostalgic and for some reason made me feel better about being nearly thirty and back in school (strength in numbers I say.) After I got home I went for a walk on the beach with my friend and Mr. Mooneezie (my dog.) It was clear and beautiful and smelled fresh from the rain. Amazing. While pulling from the curb to return home I saw another friend, a very close friend who I had lost contact with. I feel like singing... "... shake 'em up, shake 'em up, shake 'em up, shake 'em. Roll 'em in a circle of homeys and watch me break 'em with the seven, seven eleven, seven eleven, seven even back do' little Joe." Yeah it's pretty much like that.
Wednesday, February 18, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment